Deadline: 1 January 2022
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Health & Nutrition Officer in Herat, Afghanistan.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Health & Nutrition Officer will perform the following functions:
- Accurate information, data analysis, and documentation are timely made available to support situation analysis, sectoral input and reporting.
- Technical assistance is provided to the development and implementation of integrated Health & Nutrition strategies and approaches through participation and collaboration with internal and external partners.
- Work plan and objectives are effectively established, and planned results are timely delivered through technical support and coordination in consultation with all relevant partners.
- Project efficiency and effectiveness are enhanced through effective implementation follow-up.
- Project implementation progress is monitored for adjustment and improvement of program delivery and sustainability.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in Public Health and Nutrition, Child Development, Water Sanitation, Public Administration, Social Policy, Social Development, Community Development, or other relevant disciplines.
- Minimum 2 year’s relevant professional experience in planning, programming, implementation monitoring and evaluation of health programmes.
- Professional work experience in a programme management function or a technical expert capacity in child survival & health care.
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
- Nationality of Afghanistan.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.