Deadline: 1 August 2017
USAID is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Human Resources Specialist in Afghanistan. The duration of this post is 13 months.
USAID partner to end extreme poverty and promote resilient, democratic societies while advancing our security and prosperity.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Human Resources Specialist will perform the following functions-
- The incumbent engages in the recruitment process to fill new or vacant positions while providing oversight and participates in the interviews, testing and selection process of applicants.
- The incumbent reviews position descriptions and provides technical guidance and assistance to employees and supervisors on position evaluation matters; conducts position classification reviews; participates in planning of career development for local personnel, including counseling, identification of training opportunities, and development of Mission-specific training programs.
- The incumbent manages personnel transactions, inclusive of maintenance of permanent personnel records.
- The incumbent is relied upon to interpret regulations, and to assure employees are informed of all matters affecting employment, employee placement, personal services contracting, performance evaluation, leave, retirement policies, health benefits, and insurance allowances.
- The incumbent also participates and supports the preparation and planning of Operational Expenses and Program funding for positions and actively engages in obtaining the appropriate clearances at all levels and as needed.
- The incumbent participates in the administration of the Mission’s annual training programs and provides oversight to the preparation of the annual training plan for all the staff.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s degree in management, business administration, public administration, human resources management, law, organizational development or closely related field is required.
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in human resources/personnel management of which at least 2 years of progressively responsible experience in a direct engagement of activities that involves recruitment, policy interpretation, position classification, position analysis and contract/agreement management, and technical guidance providing with a reputable international organization, governmental/non-governmental institution, public/private organization that has a multi-cultural working environment is required.
How to Apply
Applicants can submit their applications to the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit USAID.