Deadline: 12 November 2021
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Humanitarian Specialist in Kabul, Afghanistan. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Humanitarian Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Manage the development of programmes on Humanitarian to Afghanistan Country Office, with a focus on the women’s multi-purpose centers, LEAD and Second Chance Education:
- Develop programme documents and strategies on humanitarian action.
- Provide capacity building support to the Humanitarian Country Team, ICCT and cluster, sub clusters and technical working groups humanitarian clusters and partners:
- Provide substantive technical and strategic support to cluster response plans.
- Establish and strengthen strategic partnerships with stakeholders, regional/ international actors and development partners:
- Build and maintain alliances and strategic partnerships for the advancement of humanitarian action.
- Technically contribute to the resource mobilization strategy for humanitarian action:
- Participate in the implementation, monitoring and periodic updating of the resource mobilization strategy on humanitarian action in the region.
- Provide technical contributions to design of humanitarian action in the region and the development of relevant knowledge products:
- Provide inputs to policy recommendations and guidance to strategic planning and positioning on humanitarian action.
Applicant must have:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in human rights, gender, international relations, international development, international law or other social science fields is required.
- University Degree in combination with 2 additional year’s qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced University Degree.
- Project/programme management certification (such as PMP®, PRINCE2®, or MSP®) would be an added advantage.
- At least 5 year’s progressively responsible experience in designing and managing humanitarian programmes, with a particular focus on gender and protection in emergencies.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another UN official working language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UN Women.