Deadline: 14 February 2022
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Information Management Specialist in Kabul, Afghanistan.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Information Management Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Data collection, compilation and analysis
- Support the development and revision of UNICEF and Inter-Agency Information Management (IM) tools.
- Data visualization
- Provide clear and concise data visualization products (e.g. maps, dashboards, info-graphics and financial/resource analyses) to UNICEF managers and partners.
- Information exchange and dissemination
- Support the development of effective methods and platforms to standardize and share information.
- Coordinate the IM function
- Provide technical leadership and support cluster IMO to ensure that sector and cluster data are consistent and harmonized.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s or higher) in Geographic Sciences, Humanitarian Affairs, Political Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, Engineering, or Communications, and/or another relevant technical field is required.
- Minimum 5 year’s relevant professional experience, at national and regional levels, is required.
- Knowledge and experience of data processing and visualization programmes such as Excel, SPSS, ArGIS, QGIS, Power BI is required.
- Strong written and oral presentations skills is highly desirable.
- Background/familiarity with emergency situations considered an asset.
- Fluency in English and local languages (Dari & Pashto) is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) is considered an asset.
- Nationality of Afghanistan.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.