Deadline: 14 January 2021
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Logistics Assistant in Khost, Afghanistan.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Logistics Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function.
- Manage the day to day logistics activities at Khost office and provide line management support to direct reports.
- Ensure that procurement activities in Khost office are carried out according to SOPs, supplier database is updated, procurement tracking sheets are shared and files/records are well maintained.
- Responsible for all logistics activities at Khost office and ensure that all activities are carried out following Logistics SOPs & Handbook.
- Development of holistic and needs based programmes, including cash-based interventions and market based programmes.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor Degree in business administration, economics, public administration or supply chain management.
- Good at English, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of cash-based interventions and market based programmes.
- 2-3 year’s of experience in INGO especially humanitarian and development Organizations as Assistant or similar roles.
- Knowledge of documentation, asset management, warehousing, fleet management and procurement.
- Good computer skills – MS Office & database.
- Good control and supervisory skills.
- Good communication skills.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit NRC.