Deadline: 30 September 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist in Kabul, Afghanistan.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Lead the development of Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) framework and plans for UNICEF projects and programs:
- Establish, maintain and strengthen Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) framework and plan for UNICEF education projects and programme summarizing monitoring and evaluation objectives, priorities, and activities for effective programme implementation.
- Develop M&E tools to facilitate data collection, monitoring and reporting on the progress of the education program implementation in close collaboration with unit managers and implementing partners and extenders.
- Support Programme Delivery:
- Prepare monitoring and evaluation reports to identify gaps, strengths/weaknesses in program and management, identify lessons learned and use knowledge gained for development planning and timely intervention to achieve goals.
- Support and coordinate the development of information produced, including donor reports:
- Prepare inputs to the Projects and programmes reports and ensure consolidated results report is submitted to donors in line with established dates, with a particular focus on ECW and GPE reporting.
- Develop visual information products (infographics, factsheets, thematic profiles, etc.) to support programme planning, monitoring, decision making and advocacy.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s or higher) in the area of data analysis and M&E, education or other related social science.
- University Degree in a relevant field combined with 2 additional year’s professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree.
- Minimum 5 year’s relevant professional experience in information management (collection, processing, analysis), results-based management, planning, costing, management and results reporting in education, humanitarian and development action, and related areas at the international level.
- Proven experience in production of infographics or data informed reports.
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.