Deadline: 31 October 2021
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Procurement Officer in Kabul, Afghanistan. The duration of this post is 1 year.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Procurement Officer will perform the following functions:
- Contribute towards the development of procurement plans and processes ensuring compliance with wider procurement policies and WFP standards.
- Support or manage procurement programs and operational activities, (e.g. issue tenders, evaluate offers and negotiate/award contracts), following standard processes to contributing to successful procurement of food and non-food commodities or services.
- Track and analyse data to provide recommendations for process improvement.
- Collate data and contribute to preparation of accurate and timely reports of procurement activities, to contribute to a WFP wide view that enables informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders, leading to performance optimization.
- Collate information and draft appropriate responses to recommendations to support auditing of procurement activities and ensure conformity with compliance rules.
- Work in close collaboration with internal counterparts and external partners including suppliers, superintendents, companies, etc to align procurement activities with wider programmes and ensure a coherent approach to meeting food assistance needs.
- Support training of WFP staff to take a strategic and proactive approach to the procurement of food and non-food commodities and services, for example designing and reviewing training materials.
Applicant must have:
- Advanced University Degree in Procurement, Logistics, Economics, Commerce, Business Administration, Engineering, Legal or Accounting or other relevant field, or First University Degree with an additional relevant work experience and/or training/courses.
- Over 5 year’s with procurement activities (purchasing, vendor research, etc.) some of which must be at the professional level.
- Experience conducting cost analyses.
- Experience working with vendors or other partners.
- Fluency (level C) in English language, and Pashto and/or Dari, preferably both.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.