Deadline: 29 May 2016
Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Program Coordinator in Afghanistan.
The Program Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring the quality, consistency and coherence of the grants managed by AKF and implemented by AKF and other AKDN agencies, and coordinating the management of AKF’s and AKDN’s grant portfolio in the health sector.
AKDN’s mission is to improve the welfare and prospects of people in the developing world, particularly in Asia and Africa, without regard to faith, origin or gender.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Program Coordinator will perform the following functions-
- Maintain donor relations initiatives through proposal and program development, report to donors for existing grants and ensure grant compliance on key health grants will all major donors.
- Work closely with national health program Grant Manager, other national program managers, regional program managers, program coordinators, technical staff, other AKDN health agencies and AKF’s Finance Director or grant managers to ensure compliance and successful resource mobilization.
- Facilitate coordination internally with other sectors in AKF and between AKDN Health agencies for more improvement.
- In conjunction with AKF Policy and Partnership Department, deepen and broaden relations with health donors through informed policy dialogue and exploration of major programme issues, lessons learned, articulation of achievements and impacts and data verification.
- Research potential avenues of funding for AKF and other AKDN affiliates in the health sector and maintain up-to-date information on donor interests and priorities.
- Develop strategies for securing resources and influence policy processes in the health sector through diversification of AKDN’s support base and innovative approaches, including exploration of non-traditional and indirect resource opportunities.
- Facilitate donor audits, evaluations and other missions/visits, as per grant agreements.
- Maintain an up-to-date grants management and resource mobilization matrix/database of and follow up and report accordingly.
- Participate in donor meetings including forums of the Ministry of Public Health and other donors and inter AKDN agencies events.
Applicants must have-
- Master Degree in relevant field (e.g. Public Health) from a recognized university.
- Minimum 3 years in relevant filed particularly in proposal and project development, grants management and resource mobilization.
- Excellent written and oral English skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel).
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in multicultural teams.
- Self-motivated, proactive, efficient, reliable and creative.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit AKDN.