Deadline: 13 June 2016
Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Program Implementation Director in Afghanistan.
The Program Implementation Director will provide management and leadership in program implementation and resource utilization, to ensure timely implementation and optimum use of available resources in a results oriented way.
AKDN’s mission is to improve the welfare and prospects of people in the developing world, particularly in Asia and Africa, without regard to faith, origin or gender.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Program Implementation Director will perform the following functions-
- Provide proper supervision and management for all direct reports and lead the establishment and functioning of a strong, effective and coordinated Program Implementation team including regional teams.
- Oversee resource management (financial and human resources), grant management and reporting to ensure that AKF programs and projects are managed in a manner which achieves the program/project goals and contract requirements, in line with AKF, A policies and procedures and demonstrate sound resource management.
- Lead and enhance relationships and coordination between the AKF, A Program Implementation Department and other departments within AKF Afghanistan, Regional Directors, and implementing partners so that AKF, A use its resources effectively and maximize its impact on improving the quality of life of people.
- Analyze and provide feedback on regular program financial and programmatic progress by conducting regular program progress reviews at the regional and national levels.
- In close collaboration with Finance and Program Development ensures that the program financial analysis and gaps are identified and flagged for resource mobilization in a priority manner.
- Ensure that required technical support and clarifications are provided to the regional implementation units and avoid/resolve confusions around reporting relationship, roles and responsibilities among the departments and national and regional offices.
- Works closely with the HR team to ensure staff development and capacity building is streamlined and opportunities for staff to pursue their career development plans are enhanced.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s Degree in related field.
- 10 years of experience in a senior management position in development field.
- Demonstrated experience in managing and implement significant scope and multi-sectors development program/project.
- Demonstrated experience with project implementation and management with range of international donors.
- Knowledge and experience with financial management, demonstrated ability to manage a complex budget, donor compliance and reporting.
- Experience in successfully managing institutional partnerships with national and international NGOs, collaborative relationships with communities, government and implementing partners.
- Fluency in Dari and English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit AKDN.