Deadline: 16 November 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Programme Associate in Kabul, Afghanistan.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Associate will perform the following functions:
- Facilitate the development of programme cooperation agreements (PCAs) by providing information and drafting selected sections of it.
- Ensure the timely and accurate recording and administrative processing of government & NGO’s proposals and requests for direct cash transfers (DCTs).
- Conduct programme monitoring in UNICEF focus districts for cash and supplies and informing team-members on the status.
- Conduct regular spot checks of partner’s projects to assess their financial record-keeping, expenditure controls and reporting systems.
- Monitor and track efficient distribution of supplies that are required for effective programme delivery.
- Support the programme section in researching, compiling and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data and information from a variety of sources on subject matters relevant to the work of the section to facilitate programme delivery as well as preparation of reports, working papers and presentations.
- Carry out transactions in VISION ensuring programme results, activities and programme coding are as per annual work plans (AWPs), and making amendments and alterations as per section revisions when necessary.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary education is required, preferably supplemented by technical or University courses related to the work of the organization.
- Minimum 6 year’s administrative or clerical work experience is required.
- Prior experience in programme support functions is an asset.
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
- Depth knowledge of the administration which underpins UNICEF country office programme/project operations, including monitoring and evaluation processes.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.