Deadline: 3 August 2019
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Programme Specialist in Kabul, Afghanistan.
The Programme Specialist will be responsible for a wide range of varied tasks including overseeing ADSP research and training activities; supporting learning and knowledge dissemination events and representing ADSP in external meetings.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Specialist will perform following functions:
- Act as focal point for all ADSP research and data collection activities, conducted both by ADSP partners and by external consultants.
- Support the planning, implementation and analysis of ADSP research and data collection activities, ensuring that all ADSP-produced products are accurate and of a high quality.
- Support the production, design and dissemination of ADSP research products.
- Working with the Coordinator and ADSP members, identify further areas for research and opportunities to expand ADSP’s activities.
- Support the organization and facilitation of ADSP meetings, technical workshops, and learning events.
- Monitor the publication and dissemination of research relating to solutions for Afghan refugees and ensure that the publication catalogue and website are regularly updated.
- Act as communications focal point, ensuring that ADSP members are regularly provided with high quality and informative communications products.
- Provide capacity building support to ADSP partners and others on concepts around durable solutions.
- Organize and conduct trainings on durable solutions to ADSP partners and members of other agencies.
Applicants must have:
- University degree essential, master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years working with International NGOs.
- Experience of supporting data collection and research activities essential, expertise in areas such as statistical analysis and database construction desirable.
- Excellent communication skills, fluent written and spoken English an absolute requirement.
- Previous demonstrable experience of conducting training and capacity building.
- Excellent understanding of protection and the challenges faced by people in displacement.
- Good understanding of the regional and global policy environment.
- knowledge of Dari, Pashto and high level of fluency required in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.