Deadline: 18 August 2021
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Management Support Associate in Kabul, Afghanistan.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Project Management Support Associate will perform the following functions:
- Support the IM Team maintaining and upgrading the existing information management system to support reporting and information sharing by streamlining critical coordination and community engagement processes.
- Support the IM Team implementing and managing data cleaning and preparation, oversight and maintenance of internal data collection and management systems, production of ad-hoc and regular reports.
- Support the team to strengthen Awaaz’s ability to promote and enhance Accountability to Affected Populations through the provision of timely, accurate, and relevant information sharing, and in particular through the documentation of impact as mentioned below;
- Support to review, maintain and update internal and external information management policies and standard operating procedures related to the management of stakeholder relationships and referral agreements to facilitate, support.
- Assist documenting cases and feedback for regular impact analysis and support the referral of feedback cases to partners, including the verification of information and corresponding actions required to solicit timely responses and close the feedback loop.
- Assist in designing and delivering cluster-specific, and other tailored presentations as required. Represent Awaaz at meetings upon request, including but not limited to cluster-level meetings, AAP WG meeting, RCCE WG meetings.
- Assist analysing data and identify trends for ad-hoc reporting.
Applicants must have:
- Secondary education required, or Diploma or University Degree, preferably in information management, information technology, statistics, sociology with quantitative and qualitative research background, science disciplines with strong data analytics background, and/or international development, or any other related field.
- Minimum 6 year’s relevant experience is defined as experience in, information management, data management, data analysis document management, modern record and archives management, or related areas.
- Proven experience in producing high-quality reports and presentations, requiring strong English language skills that translate complex ideas into simple messages.
- Experience in usage of Google Suite products (Sheets, Docs, Slides especially) and Microsoft Office software package (MS Excel especially).
- Experience within the international development and/or humanitarian sector will be an added advantage.
- Background in data collection, analysis, presentation and applying data protection principles.
- Good communication skills (spoken, written and presentational), including ability to present technical issues/positions and report.
- Working knowledge of Accountability to Affected Populations (AAP), communicating with disaster affected populations and protection response infrastructure.
- Knowledge of data visualization solutions such PowerBI, Google Data Studio, Tableau.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Dari and/or Pashto required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.