Deadline: 13 April 2021
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Protection Officer in Kunar, Afghanistan.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Protection Officer will perform the following functions:
- Ensure the organization and the implementation of all protection activities at field level in accordance with the agreed work plan (under the supervision of Protection Team leader) and the International standards.
- Conduct community meetings, Focus Group Discussions, and other direct community activities as part of protection monitoring.
- Establish community-based protection committees in targeted locations and provide them basic humanitarian protection trainings.
- Provide information to targeted population on rights, entitlements, available services, civil documentation and other necessary protection information.
- Identify beneficiaries to receive Individual Protection Assistance and follow-up of cases to monitor impact.
- Referral individual cases to service provider for service delivery and follow-up of referred cases.
- Identify persons with specific needs (PSNs) or to follow-up on identified PSNs for assistance.
- Work closely with fellow Protection Officers in the follow-up with the relevant partners on individual cases which have been referred as needed.
Applicant must have:
- University Degree in Law, valid license to practice law is preferred.
- At least 2-3 year’s work experiences in Humanitarian Protection or other activities related to the responsibilities of the position.
- Interest in humanitarian work and human rights, ability and willingness to learn.
- Ability to clearly express one’s thoughts, to analyze and present information clearly and concisely.
- Ability to set priorities and show initiative, to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrate experience in providing legal counseling to clients.
Work experience with Afghanistan’s laws and/or Afghanistan judicial system and informal justice systems is an asset.
- Knowledge and experience working with IDPs/refugees in Afghanistan.
- Strong knowledge of and experience in counseling on issues related to civil documentation, family law, housing/land/property rights, GBV.
- Good knowledge of English, fluency in Pashto and good knowledge of Dari.
- Understanding of the basic principles of humanitarian work, human rights, protection, and the needs of internally displaced persons and refugees in Afghanistan.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.