Deadline: 14 February 2022
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Reports and Budgeting Specialist in Kabul, Afghanistan.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Reports and Budgeting Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Monitor programme financial implementation progress and compliance.
- Monitor compliance to ensure key performance indicators, objectives and targets as per CPMP/AMP are met and achieved.
- Monitor the allocation and disbursement of programme funds, making sure that funds are properly coordinated and monitored and.
- Take appropriate recommendations or actions to optimize use of WASH programme funds.
- Lead contribution management activities to ensure successful administration of received funding.
- Support the WASH manager with resource mobilisation and development of financial proposals and donor reports for submission to donors and the government in accordance with UNICEF policies.
- Support in the operationalization of WASH budgets, alignment of Field Offices utilization of plans and financial plans with HAC 2022 results.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s or higher) in Management, Public Administration, Demography. Statistics, and/or another relevant technical field is required.
- Minimum 5 year’s progressively responsible experience in programme design, administration, monitoring and evaluation and/or a related field, with specific experience in data analysis and information presentation for decision makers in a social development organization, is required.
- Knowledge of current developments in the fields of communication theory, motivational psychology, adult learning theory, indigenous media, community organization and participation.
- Computer skills, including internet navigation, and various office applications.
- Fluency in English and Urdu is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of the local working language (Dari & Pashto)of the duty station is an asset.
- Nationality of Afghanistan.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.