Deadline: 16 February 2022
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Urban WASH Specialist in Kabul, Afghanistan.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Urban WASH Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Management support to the WASH Manager (Water Supply Unit)
- Advise the WASH Manager (Water Supply Unit) in establishing the detailed plan for Urban WASH interventions as set-out under WASH Annual Work Plan (AWP) including outputs, activities, and developmental priorities of WASH section staff, determining priorities and performance measurements. Monitor the WASH AWP implementation, to ensure that WASH output results, with a focus on Urban WASH outputs, are achieved to schedule and performance standards.
- Programme development and planning
- Conduct detailed assessment of urban water supply systems in different towns of Afghanistan along with other stakeholders and provide technical recommendations for rehabilitation and upgrading of the systems.
- Programme management, monitoring and delivery of results
- Provide periodic reports as required on the progress made against the urban WASH strategy including the discussions with different stakeholders and partners.
- Advisory services and technical support
- Participate in strategic discussions to influence national WASH policies and strategies, including the reduction of inequalities, contributing global sector learning.
- Advocacy, networking and partnership building
- Build and strengthen strategic partnerships with government counterparts, UN agencies, donor agencies, WASH institutions, NGOs, research institutes and the private sector to stimulate coordination and collaboration.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s or higher) in water supply and engineering related technical fields.
- Minimum 8 year’s relevant professional experience in WASH-related programmes for developing countries is required.
- Experience in Urban water supply and infrastructure projects in developing countries, with proven field experience.
- Knowledge of designing and technical specifications of urban water supply system equipment.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.