Deadline: 13 February 2022
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of WASH Specialist in Kabul, Afghanistan.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The WASH Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Programme development and planning
- Draft the water supply components for the WASH inputs into the situation analysis.
- Programme management, monitoring and delivery of results
- Advise the WASH Manager and Section in establishing the annual work plan and annual workplan outputs, activities and, determining priorities and performance measurements for the Field Offices.
- Technical and operational support for programme implementation
- Provide technical and operational support to government counterparts, NGO partners, UN system partners and other field office partners on the application and understanding of UNICEF policies, strategies, processes and best practices in WASH, to support programme implementation.
- Humanitarian WASH preparedness and response
- Support the WASH Section to prepare requisitions for supplies, services, long-term agreements, and partnership agreements to ensure UNICEF is prepared to deliver on its commitments for WASH in case of an emergency.
- Networking and partnership building
- Build and sustain close working partnerships with provincial government counterparts and regional stakeholders and private sector through active sharing of information and knowledge to facilitate programme implementation and build capacity of stakeholders to achieve WASH output results.
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
- Lead the development, implementation, monitoring and documentation of WASH action research and innovation (technical or systems).
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s or higher) in Civil Engineering, Public Health, Social Sciences, Behavior Change Communication, and/or another relevant technical field is required.
- Minimum 5 year’s relevant professional experience in WASH-related programmes for developing countries is required.
- Experience with at least one three-month deployment mission in a humanitarian situation (with UN-Govt-INGO) is required.
- Fluency in English and local languages (Dari & Pashto) is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) is considered an asset.
- Nationality of Afghanistan.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.