Deadline: 14 February 2022
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of WASH Specialist in Kabul, Afghanistan.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The WASH Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Programme development and planning
- Support WASH team in drafting WASH inputs for the situation analysis.
- Programme management, Budgeting and Reporting
- Liaison, coordinating and giving advice to the WASH managers and implementing partners to ensure effective budget preparation, an effective and efficient management of WASH funds during budget implementation and the consistent application of financial rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Collaboration with programme team and implementing partners
- In collaboration with the Chief of WASH, develop close collaboration with WASH sections teams and IPs through involvement in programme design, planning, and preparation for implementation of supply components as well as monitoring and evaluation.
- Advocacy, networking and partnership building
- Build and strengthen strategic partnerships with NGOs and the private sector to stimulate coordination and collaboration with UNICEF WASH section and build capacity of stakeholders to achieve WASH output results.
- Humanitarian WASH preparedness and response
- Manage all operational aspects for WASH in Emergencies (WiE) at the Country Office level.
- Networking and partnership building
- Build and sustain close working partnerships with provincial government counterparts and regional stakeholders and private sector through active sharing of information and knowledge to facilitate programme implementation and build capacity of stakeholders to achieve WASH output results.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s or higher) in one of the following fields is required public health, social sciences, behavior change communication, sanitary engineering or another relevant technical field.
- Minimum 5 year’s relevant professional experience in WASH-related programmes for developing countries is required.
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language(Dari & Pashto) is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.