Deadline: 22 July 2020
Concern Worldwide is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Advisor – Nutrition in Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh. The duration of this post is 12 months.
Concern Worldwide is an international humanitarian organization dedicated to tackling poverty and suffering in the world’s poorest countries.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Advisor – Nutrition will perform the following functions-
- Provide technical representation, coordination and leadership to the activities of the Nutrition Sector and the associated working groups including, but not limited to:
- Provide leadership to the CMAM Working Group in Cox’s Bazar in order to coordinate and support activities of partners in the response.
- Lead on development of tools, guidance notes, response plans, and other initiatives of the sector and working groups.
- Contribute significantly to the other working groups, especially the IYCF-E Working Group, Assessment Working Group and the overall Nutrition Sector.
- Participate and contribute to related sectors and working groups, especially health, food security and livelihoods and MHPSS, as well as others.
- Ensure the Nutrition in Emergency Project strategy is delivered with maximum efficiency, quality, and professionalism to bring a positive change to the lives of the beneficiaries in Cox’s Bazar through providing strategic guidance including, but not limited to:
- Provide overall leadership, strategic guidance and technical advice to the emergency nutrition programme.
- Ensure the Project Implementation plan is developed jointly with donors/partners and delivered timely and effectively to ensure sustainability of the project interventions beyond project end.
- Facilitate effective coordination and joint planning between all stakeholders towards achieving the objectives.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s Degree in Nutrition/Public Health Nutrition or clinical degree with MPH.
- 5 year’s experience in the nutrition field with minimum 3 year’s working internationally in technical and management in the nutrition sector.
- Significant experience in Nutrition programme design and a successful track record in proposal development and resource mobilisation.
- Good knowledge of Project Cycle Management (PCM) for nutrition programmes.
- Experience in implementing nutrition interventions in development and emergency contexts especially with refugee populations.
- Experience in managing donors and working with government institutions.
- Good communication skills.
- Experience in multi-tasking, networking and coordination.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit Concern Worldwide.