Deadline: 10 June 2020
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Agriculture and Food System Specialist in Colombo, Sri Lanka. The duration of this post is 17 months.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Agriculture and Food System Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Contribute to establishing a stakeholder mechanism with buy-in for the project –
- Review current institutional/stakeholder coordination mechanisms related to CRFS.
- Conduct a gap analysis of climate resilience in urban food systems in policies, strategies and budget allocations (jointly with IWMI).
- Assist the lead project focal establishing a CRFS governance mechanism by appointing a core group which is part of an existing climate change stakeholder platform which could be an advisory group with expertise from agriculture, environment, urban planning and other relevant sectors.
- Commence a participatory dialogue process with food system and climate risk related stakeholders and agree on a shared vision.
- Develop a jointly planned approach by the above stakeholders to collaborate on the project in supporting expected outputs – e.g. their role in workshop sessions, collaborations with regional government stakeholders and agriculture institutions and support on capacity building activities. (stakeholder sessions to continue).
- Stock-take and catalogue successful interventions and lessons learned on climate resilient good practices within food systems locally and internationally;
- Create a repository of information on these practices and make it available through a knowledge sharing platform for food system actors servicing the urban region and reduce information asymmetry between different actors. (up to August 2020).
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced Degree in Agriculture or related fields with expertise in Climate Resilience and Adaptation in Agriculture and food systems.
- At least 10 year’s of progressively responsible work experience in the field of agriculture and especially on climate change issues, including specific experience in the development of Climate-Smart Agriculture (CSA).
- Good oral and written communication skills in English.
- Working knowledge of Sinhala/Tamil is desirable.
- Computer literacy at working level is required.
- Working experience in data collection and analytical work.
- Good research and communication skills.
- Nationality of Sri Lanka.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.