Deadline: 24 July 2020
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Agriculture Economist/Agriculture Specialist in Jakarta, Indonesia. The duration of this post is 2 years.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Agriculture Economist/Agriculture Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Contribute to the preparation and supervision of agriculture projects in Indonesia led by the Agriculture and Food GP and those projects supporting agriculture and food system related activities managed by other GPs.
- Assure timely delivery of these operations with high levels of quality.
- Remain up-to-date with relevant developments in the country and analytical work in the sector.
- Initiate/participate in analytical and strategic work pertaining to agricultural and food systems development, including work managed by SEAAG and those that are managed by other GPs, but requiring input from agriculture staff.
- Coordinate and follow up with government counterparts and consultants, provide high-quality research and analytical support, including drafting policy notes related to agriculture, agribusiness, natural resources management and water policies.
- Contribute to policy dialogue on agricultural and rural issues and interactions with the client and partners, and alert management (both country and sector) to issues requiring attention.
- Assume an active role in the country team with the aim to ensure adequate and appropriate integration of relevant aspects of the agriculture and food systems and rural development agenda in core Bank products, including the country partnership framework, strategic country diagnostic, country economic memorandum and the like.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s or PhD in Agricultural Economics, Agribusiness, Agricultural Sciences or related disciplines.
- Minimum 5 year’s of relevant working experience in areas related to agriculture, agriculture economics, agribusiness, and other disciplines related to food systems.
- Recognized and respected by peers.
- Demonstrated commitment to team work and ability to interact effectively and collegially with peers at all levels.
- Familiarity with the institutional context of Indonesia, and experience interacting with institutions involved in agriculture, landscape management, and rural development.
- Ability to think innovatively and strategically in dealing with policy issues while maintaining a strong client focus.
- Excellent interpersonal, problem-solving and team skills with ability to find balanced, pragmatic and implementable solution.
- Ability to work across various disciplines and multi-disciplinary teams; while being diplomatic and sensitive to cultural, political and gender issues.
- Ability to contribute to the design and execution of policy and/or research initiatives, project design, organization and management.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WBG.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.