Deadline: 28 December 2019
Palladium is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Business Adviser, Market Development Facility in Suva, Fiji.
Business Adviser, Market Development Facility will be responsible for designing and managing interventions working closely with a large variety of strategic private and public players to achieve sustainable inclusive growth.
Palladium’s mission is to catalyze an enriched future for all.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Business Adviser, Market Development Facility will perform the following functions-
- Economic Research & Analysis
- Perform qualitative and quantitative economic analyses of the key growth sectors in the economy, to develop a ‘deep’ understanding of how markets function, including existing constraints and potential opportunities.
- Identify the potential for pro-poor growth and support market actors to develop new innovative business solutions to unlock the growth potential of the sector.
- Contribute to research and monitoring studies to assess the performance of MDF’s investment portfolio and its economic impact on of livelihoods of the poor involved in the sector.
- Identify new opportunities to address other forms of inclusion: Women economic empowerment, minority participation, nutrition, disability and environment.
- Intervention Development & Measurement
- Apply effective results measurement practices in line with Donor Committee on Enterprise Development (DCED) guidelines.
- Working within a team to develop and implement intervention plans with selected market actors, applying good partnership management and research practice.
- Work closely with the Quality and Inclusion Director and the Quality and Inclusion Specialist to construct logical result chains (flow of activities that lead to impact)
and results measurement plans so market interventions can be effectively monitored and managed.
- Partnership Development
- Assess the technical and economic feasibility of business plans from potential partners in selected growth sectors of the economy and/or in close interaction with business partners, develop such plans.
- Communicate, negotiate and develop intervention plans and agreements with a variety of private and public players in the sector.
- Manage implementation of at least two partnerships, including monitoring and capturing changes to the business, beneficiaries and the broader market.
- Actively promote environmentally and socially responsible business practices.
- Ensure compliance of interventions and activities are in line with MDF/Palladium operating guidelines; provide necessary support to administration and finance for intervention related topics.
Applicants must have:
- Degree in business, agriculture, economics, business management or other related discipline (or equivalent professional experience in that field).
- Experience in tourism, agriculture or urban industries.
- Positive attitude, an inquisitive mind and capacity to engage effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Excellent command of English, both verbal and written.
- Be prepared to accept the demands of extensive travel throughout the country to meet key stakeholders, conduct research and monitor activities.
- Familiarity with issues affecting the local economy, the current business environment, international trends in business and the global economy (preferred).
- Nationality of Fiji.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit Palladium.