Deadline: 28 December 2019
Palladium is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Business Adviser, Market Development Facility in Suva, Fiji.
Business Adviser, Market Development Facility will be responsible for designing and managing interventions working closely with a large variety of strategic private and public players to achieve sustainable inclusive growth.
Palladium’s mission is to catalyze an enriched future for all.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Business Adviser, Market Development Facility will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Economic Research & Analysis
- Perform qualitative and quantitative economic analyses of the key growth sectors in the economy, to develop a ‘deep’ understanding of how markets function, including existing constraints and potential opportunities.
- Identify the potential for pro-poor growth and support market actors to develop new innovative business solutions to unlock the growth potential of the sector.
- Contribute to research and monitoring studies to assess the performance of MDF’s investment portfolio and its economic impact on of livelihoods of the poor involved in the sector.
- Identify new opportunities to address other forms of inclusion: Women economic empowerment, minority participation, nutrition, disability and environment.
- Intervention Development & Measurement
- Apply effective results measurement practices in line with Donor Committee on Enterprise Development (DCED) guidelines.
- Working within a team to develop and implement intervention plans with selected market actors, applying good partnership management and research practice.
- Work closely with the Quality and Inclusion Director and the Quality and Inclusion Specialist to construct logical result chains (flow of activities that lead to impact)
and results measurement plans so market interventions can be effectively monitored and managed.
- Partnership Development
- Assess the technical and economic feasibility of business plans from potential partners in selected growth sectors of the economy and/or in close interaction with business partners, develop such plans.
- Communicate, negotiate and develop intervention plans and agreements with a variety of private and public players in the sector.
- Manage implementation of at least two partnerships, including monitoring and capturing changes to the business, beneficiaries and the broader market.
- Actively promote environmentally and socially responsible business practices.
- Ensure compliance of interventions and activities are in line with MDF/Palladium operating guidelines; provide necessary support to administration and finance for intervention related topics.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Degree in business, agriculture, economics, business management or other related discipline (or equivalent professional experience in that field).
- Experience in tourism, agriculture or urban industries.
- Positive attitude, an inquisitive mind and capacity to engage effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Excellent command of English, both verbal and written.
- Be prepared to accept the demands of extensive travel throughout the country to meet key stakeholders, conduct research and monitor activities.
- Familiarity with issues affecting the local economy, the current business environment, international trends in business and the global economy (preferred).
- Nationality of Fiji.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit Palladium.