Deadline: 15 December 2017
World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Project Climate Change, Disaster Risk Reduction and Food Security in Rome, Italy. The duration of this post is 11 months.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Climate Change, Disaster Risk Reduction and Food Security will perform the following functions-
- Coordinate the overall development of proposals with relevant WFP staff in headquarters, regional and country offices, including establishing a detailed timeframe for activities and ensuring deadlines are met by different contributors.
- Review key policy documents (e.g., national communications, NDCs, NAPs, and national climate and DRR strategies/plans) and collect relevant data on climate change, disaster risk and environmental challenges and trends in specific countries/regions.
- Identify information gaps and support WFP in carrying out (and contracting) the necessary environmental, risk and climate analyses and assessments.
- Synthesise findings from projects to provide guidance on key environmental, climate adaptation and DRR challenges and opportunities, and potential activities and entry points in WFP country programmes.
- Support country offices with stakeholder engagement processes at national, sub-national, and community level, including consultations with relevant government partners (such as the National Designated Authority to the GCF.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Advanced University degree in agriculture, food security, environmental sciences, earth sciences, geography, disaster risk reduction/management, climatology, environmental sciences, natural resource economics or related fields.
- Demonstrated, progressively responsible work on designing and implementing interventions at national or community levels focusing on climate and disaster risk management, climate change adaptation.
- Proven track-record of developing funding proposals (GEF, Adaptation Fund, GCF, EU) and mobilizing resources.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, please visit WFP.