Deadline: 1 July 2020
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Disaster Risk Reduction and Climate Change Adaptation (DRR-CCA) in Agriculture Specialist in Cotabato, Philippines. The duration of this post is 11 months.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Disaster Risk Reduction and Climate Change Adaptation (DRR-CCA) in Agriculture Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Assess and analyze key documentation, including national, regional and provincial Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) and Climate Change Adaptation (CCA) policies, frameworks and plans, relevant for DDR/CCA in Agriculture, including ongoing programs and projects and existing implementation frameworks for DRR/CCA actions in BARMM.
- Identify key stakeholders to participate in the process of plan of action formulation and initiate technical discussion and information collation on subject matter.
- Lead in the technical preparation, facilitation and synthesis of brainstorming sessions with Project staff, MAFAR technical officers, Provincial Agriculture Officers, Municipal Agriculture Officers and selected other DRR/CCA stakeholders working at the interface between DRR/CCA and agriculture to collect and collate views, expectations and inputs for the drafting and/or fine-tuning of the DRR/CCA plan of action in agriculture in BARMM.
- Include an analysis of multi-hazards, vulnerability and risks in agriculture in BARMM in the data/information collation and discussion in the DRR/CCA plan of action.
- Assist in the preparation of training modules on Climate Smart Agriculture, Resilient Farming Systems, Early Warning Early Action including social protection.
- Serve as resource person/facilitator in trainings within his/her technical competence.
- Assist in the conduct of Climate Smart Farmer Field School’s training of trainers.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Degree in Agriculture, Environmental Science, Agricultural Engineering or related field with complementary knowledge in development planning.
- Technical Competencies and Experience Requirements.
- At least 5 year’s of professional and practical work experience in the planning and implementation of rural development and/or Disaster Risk Management programmes/projects at the field or regional level.
- Nationality of Philippines.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.