Deadline: 12 December 2019
Save the Children is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Disaster Risk Reduction Officer in Ntcheu, Malawi. The duration of this post is 15 months.
Disaster Risk Reduction Officer will be responsible for providing technical leadership and implementation of P4R IN Ntcheu in the aspect of Disaster Risk Reduction.
Save the Children’s mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Disaster Risk Reduction Officer will perform the following functions:
- Lead the planning, organization and implementation of P4R DRR interventions in Ntcheu district.
- Develop monthly, quarterly and yearly detailed program activity implementation plans on DRR interventions.
- Ensure timely and high quality delivery of the DRR interventions of the project.
- Follow-up and ensure timely implementation of all the planned action – DRR interventions in accordance with the annual work plan.
- Foster positive relationship (collaboration and networking) with partners at district level.
- Participate in meetings to share progress on DRR interventions with stakeholders.
- Produce periodic project progress reports as required by the line manager and/or Senior Manager – Humanitarian and Resilience.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance officer in the implementation of DRR interventions.
- Support training for stakeholders and implementing partner staff in relevant aspects of DRR.
- Build capacity of Civil Protection Committees in Disaster Risk Management through training provision.
- Coordinate and collaborate with community, project partners and relevant government stakeholders including AEDOs and AEDCs, ADRMO, Forestry and Water Departments and community structures such as VNRMCs, VDC, ADC, ACPs and VCPCs.
- Facilitate participatory monitoring and evaluation meetings for the target villages/groups in the target areas.
- Support all Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Activities (MEAL), e.g. Post Distribution Monitoring (PDM).
- Ensure that district governance structures, local leadership and community are involved in the programme, have understanding of the programme objectives, and are taking part in supporting implementation of the programme.
- In collaboration with SC Logistic Officer, support all field-based procurements for the programme in timely manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned by your supervisor
Applicant must have:
- At least degree level qualification in Agriculture, Natural Resources Management, Community Development or Rural Development, Social Work or any other related field. Knowledge of DRR issues will be highly required.
- Minimum 3 years related experience in DRR/DRM, Climate change adaptation techniques and Agricultural Production, Food Security and Livelihood and Natural Resources Management programming.
- Result-oriented, able to set priorities and meet deadlines within a dynamic environment.
- Maturity and ability to function well within flat management structures with extensive consultation and horizontal collaboration.
- Proven ability to follow procedures, meet team objectives and work independently and cooperatively with team members and diverse groups of people including government departments.
- Humanitarian context experience highly preferred.
- Experience in working with local NGO partners.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document please also include details of their current remuneration and salary expectations with their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit Save the Children.