Deadline: 14 July 2020
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Early Waning Anticipatory Action Specialist in Johannesburg, South Africa. The duration of this post is 11 months.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Early Waning Anticipatory Action Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Capacity Building & Coordination
- Support mainstreaming of EWAA in the sub-region by providing phases capacity support and training to high-risk countries (DOs) and liaise closely with HQ in the identification of priority countries.
- Develop or adapt EWAA training materials and the organization of trainings at regional and national level.
- Support the setting up of EWAA country level focal points and coordination modalities.
- Risk Analysis
- Identify appropriate early warning sources at the national and regional while further identifying key gaps.
- Carry out regular integrated risk analysis for natural hazards, socio economic crises, conflict, food insecurity and animal health threats for countries in the sub-region.
- Regularly produce notes on multi-sector risks in the sub region.
- Inform decision making by regularly communicating risk findings to relevant SFS REOSA, Country office management and the Global EWAA team, in particular contributing to the quarterly global EWAA reporting process.
- Assist the Project Coordinator in Southern Africa in closely liaising with regional working groups and technical experts in order to ensure an in depth understanding of the risk context, as well as participate to regional level for a such as PREGEC-PRESASS, etc..
- Collaborate with the Project Coordinator in ensuring the diffusion and visibility of FAO’s EWAA analysis through the organization of technical meetings and presentations with government counterparts and key partners.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced Degree in one or more of the following: Agriculture, Early Warning and Risk analysis, Natural Resources, Forestry, Climatology, Geography, Development Studies, Disaster Risk Management, Food security analysis, or a closely related field.
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, writing ability, and oral presentation skills.
- Ability to produce clear reports and written products.
- Ability to plan and organize own work, deliver results and meet deadlines.
- Ability to perform well in cross-disciplinary teams.
- At least 7 year’s of experience working with government, NGO, or United Nations agency.
- Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of one of the other FAO languages (French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Russian).
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.