Deadline: 24 February 2020
SNV is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Energy Advisor in Takoradi, Ghana. The duration of this post is 2 years.
SNV’s mission is to make a lasting difference in the lives of millions of people living in poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Energy Advisor will perform the following functions:
- Coordinate and contribute to market scans, value chain and energy assessments in the two focal regions: Ashanti and Western region.
- Support SMEs, start-up entrepreneurs and service providers to develop the business cases.
- Support Skills Development advisor in the design and implementation of training and coaching programs on green business (particularly focused on energy efficiency and renewable energy) management for female and youth entrepreneurs.
- Support Business Development & Market Linkages advisors and Incubation / acceleration specialist in identification, testing and upscaling of green business models (particularly focused on energy efficiency and renewable energy).
- Support Business Development & Market Linkages advisors and incubation/ acceleration specialist in investment mobilisation.
- Support in implementation of a business plan competition, as well as a challenge fund and Green Investment forum.
- Monitor and report the performance of the business cases as per the set milestones.
- Provide inputs to the project’s overall M&E system (e.g. data collection and analysis as needed; knowledge management).
- Support platforms to promote, advise and jointly agree on energy efficiency and renewable energy solutions, policy recommendations and climate smart investments.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Master’s Degree plus 5 year’s of experience or Bachelor’s Degree plus 8 year’s of experience in a relevant discipline, such as: Energy, Renewable Energy, Engineering, Environmental Studies, Agribusiness, or Business Administration.
- At least 3 year’s of experience in energy service delivery, preferably with experience in market development for renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions.
- Experience in female and youth entrepreneurship and employment promotion programs.
- Ability and demonstrated experience of designing and appraising business cases.
- Understanding of market systems development.
- Understanding of Ghanaian energy sector, national and international trends related to green energy and green business.
- Excellent in organising, negotiation, influencing and advisory / coaching skills.
- Flexible approach to take on additional responsibilities as assigned / delegated.
- Excellent communication (written and oral).
- Nationality of Ghana.
How to Apply
Applicants must apply by submitting a brief letter of motivation (1 page) and your CV (not more than 3 pages) through online process.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, visit SNV.