Deadline: 31 October 2019
Plan International is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Food Distribution Assistant in Pulka, Nigeria.
The Food Distribution Assistant will be responsible to assist the distribution of food rations in compliance with Plan International Nigeria and UNWFP policies for an effective and smooth running general food distribution program.
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Food Distribution Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Assist the Distribution Officer to organize and arrange distributions according to SOP defined by PLAN.
- Assist Distribution Officer in the distribution of commodities to eligible beneficiaries by strictly following verification process and methodology and standards defined by PLAN.
- Submit accurate and detailed reports on distributions and assistance provided to beneficiary during distributions.
- Ensure that all commodities entrusted to Plan International arriving at food distribution point are properly accounted for.
- Ensure that the commodities are of correct quantities and quality as manifested on the waybill.
- Organize and supervise general food distributions in the field and FDPs.
- Responsible to ensure that all necessary distribution equipment’s are available at the distributions point, including forms, ropes, banners, plastic sheets, measuring devices etc.
- Supervise loading of food that is left over after distributions.
- Ensure that a waybill is prepared for food to be returned to the warehouse.
- Prepare daily distribution point visit reports and Food Monitors report.
- Assist Distribution Officer with distributions and data entry after distributions as required.
- Assist Distribution Officer in mass information awareness campaign to inform beneficiaries on distribution related information.
- Provide with suggestions on improvement of the work process if needed.
- Perform any other duty that may be assigned from time to time.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human nutrition, Agriculture, international development, business administration, management and economics or any other discipline relevant to development.
- Previous experience in a related position for at least 1 years, including working in general Food Distribution & Nutrition projects.
- Experience working on a UNWFP-funded projects.
- Experience in working “In-kind Distributions” projects.
- Commitment to and understanding of PLAN’S aims, values and principles.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Hausa.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit Plan International.