Deadline: 23 January 2021
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Food Security and Agricultural Livelihoods Assessment Specialist in Beirut, Lebanon.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Food Security and Agricultural Livelihoods Assessment Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Regularly liaise with the country management team and the regional assessment advisors on the progress of the monitoring exercise and the alignment with strategic, technical and operational requirements.
- Coordinate with national stakeholders (government, UN Agencies, NGOs, food security cluster) involved in food security and livelihoods assessments or surveillance.
- Contribute to advising and strengthening the capacity of the Ministry of Agriculture and local surveillance systems.
- Monitor the publication of studies and data produced by other stakeholders in the country.
- Collect and analyse baseline and secondary data to enable comparisons and triangulation.
- Secondary data can refer to food prices, agricultural inputs prices, international trade, food production and stock changes, food security outcomes, containment measures, social protection measures, remote-sensing-based seasonal monitoring, farming systems etc.
- Define survey objectives and areas of interest based on information gaps and programmatic needs.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in agronomy, rural statistics, agricultural economics, relevant social or natural sciences, or other related discipline relevant to the mandate of the Organization.
- Minimum 5 year’s of proven knowledge and experience in assessments, surveillance systems, or monitoring and evaluation in the context of emergencies and food crises.
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt to an evolving and complex humanitarian context and within multidisciplinary and different cultural background teams.
- Strong analytical skills and knowledge of agriculture, food security, livelihoods, food systems and value chains in the context of Lebanon.
- Experience or familiarity with food security and livelihoods assessments methodologies, including surveillance or monitoring systems, Post-Disaster Needs Assessments, Damage and Losses assessments, agricultural production assessment, market analysis, and/or value chain analysis.
- Experience in survey design, sampling, data collection, data analysis, and interpretation for assessment processes in agriculture and food security.
- Working knowledge of English and Arabic.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.