Deadline: 12 December 2019
Save the Children is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Food Security and Livelihoods Officer in Ntcheu, Malawi. The duration of this post is 15 months.
Food Security and Livelihoods Officer will be responsible for providing technical leadership and implementation of P4R IN Ntcheu in the aspect of Food Security & Livelihoods.
Save the Children’s mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Food Security and Livelihoods Officer will perform the following functions:
- Lead the planning, organization and implementation of P4R food security and livelihood interventions.
- Develop monthly, quarterly and yearly detailed program activity implementation plans on food security and livelihood interventions.
- Ensure timely and high quality delivery of the food security and livelihood interventions of the project.
- Follow-up and ensure timely implementation of all the planned action – food security and livelihood interventions in accordance with the annual work plan.
- Foster positive relationship (collaboration and networking) with partners at district level.
- Participate in meetings to share progress on food security and livelihood interventions with stakeholders.
- Produce periodic project progress reports as required by the line manager and/or Senior Manager – Humanitarian and Resilience.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance officer in the implementation of the food security and livelihood interventions.
- Support training for stakeholders and implementing partner staff in relevant aspects of food security and livelihood.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance in the implementation of irrigation activities especially rehabilitation of schemes.
- Facilitate community mobilisation, participatory assessment, opportunities and demand in local area to make sure that the project is owned by the community.
- Ensure procedures are properly followed in selection of beneficiaries and that right beneficiaries are targeted for the programme.
- Ensure that district governance structures, local leadership and community are involved in the programme, have understanding of the programme objectives, and are taking part in supporting implementation of the programme.
- In collaboration with SC Supply Chain Officer, support all field-based procurements for the programme in timely manner.
- Strengthen network and linkages at district level with all programme implementing food security and livelihood interventions.
- Provide monitoring of the programme at district level.
Applicant must have:
- At least degree level qualification in Agriculture Economics, Rural Development, Irrigation Engineering, Development studies and other relevant field.
- Master’s degree in the related field will have an added advantage.
- At least 3 years of experience in Food Security, Livelihoods and youth initiatives programming.
- Result-oriented, able to set priorities and meet deadlines within a dynamic environment.
- Maturity and ability to function well within flat management structures with extensive consultation and horizontal collaboration.
- Proven ability to follow procedures, meet team objectives and work independently and cooperatively with team members and diverse groups of people including government departments.
- Humanitarian context experience highly preferred.
- Experience in working with local NGO partners.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document please also include details of their current remuneration and salary expectations with their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit Save the Children.