Deadline: 30 October 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Food Security Programme Officer in Severodonetsk, Ukraine. The duration of this post is 6 months.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Food Security Programme Officer will perform the following functions-
- Contribute to NRC strategy development and provide input on needs and gaps from relevant areas.
- Serve as the main entry point for NRC’ specific project definition and implementation, in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and assess new and better ways to assist.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement and necessary changes in the activities.
- Develop, maintain and establish excellent working relationships with a wide range of different interlocutors (Clusters, NGOs, local authorities and institutions, civil and military representatives).
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy.
- Support identification of the most vulnerable conflict affected persons that require project’s assistance.
- Registration of beneficiaries; verification of needs based on home visits.
- Distribution of assistance in line with NRC policies and donor requirements.
- Ensure proper filing of documents and timely preparation of updates and reports.
- Support baseline assessment, post distribution monitoring activities and learning initiatives.
Applicants must have:
- A degree in economics, social sciences, law, philology or business studies.
- Experience with planning, distribution and/or monitoring of humanitarian or early recovery assistance.
- Experience in working in relief operations in challenging environments.
- Experience with cash based interventions preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills and the ability to liaise authoritatively with representatives of humanitarian community, local government and media, social protection institutions and other relevant actors, when required.
- Excellent communication and reporting skills, both written and oral.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Fluency in Russian and/or Ukrainian.
- Strong skills in using computers, document processing (Excel, Word, Adobe) and networking software.
- Nationality of Ukraine.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.