Deadline: 30 October 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Food Security Programme Officer in Severodonetsk, Ukraine. The duration of this post is 6 months.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Food Security Programme Officer will perform the following functions-
- Contribute to NRC strategy development and provide input on needs and gaps from relevant areas.
- Serve as the main entry point for NRC’ specific project definition and implementation, in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and assess new and better ways to assist.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement and necessary changes in the activities.
- Develop, maintain and establish excellent working relationships with a wide range of different interlocutors (Clusters, NGOs, local authorities and institutions, civil and military representatives).
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy.
- Support identification of the most vulnerable conflict affected persons that require project’s assistance.
- Registration of beneficiaries; verification of needs based on home visits.
- Distribution of assistance in line with NRC policies and donor requirements.
- Ensure proper filing of documents and timely preparation of updates and reports.
- Support baseline assessment, post distribution monitoring activities and learning initiatives.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- A degree in economics, social sciences, law, philology or business studies.
- Experience with planning, distribution and/or monitoring of humanitarian or early recovery assistance.
- Experience in working in relief operations in challenging environments.
- Experience with cash based interventions preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills and the ability to liaise authoritatively with representatives of humanitarian community, local government and media, social protection institutions and other relevant actors, when required.
- Excellent communication and reporting skills, both written and oral.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Fluency in Russian and/or Ukrainian.
- Strong skills in using computers, document processing (Excel, Word, Adobe) and networking software.
- Nationality of Ukraine.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.