Deadline: 24 October 2018
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Food Security Technical Officer (with Gender responsibilities) in Severodonetsk, Ukraine. The duration of this post is 6 months.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Food Security Technical Officer will perform the following functions:
- Ensure compliance with NRC policies, guidelines and standards.
- Ensure compliance with Core Competency (CC) strategy, tools, handbooks, guidelines and standards.
- CC specific technical responsibility for implementation of technical activities, for tracking of financial expenditures for technical activities, for the quality control and monitoring of project activities and for project documentation of technical activities of CC project(s).
- Provide specific technical support and capacity building towards project staff.
- Provide specific technical analysis and feedback to NRC representatives in coordination forums.
- Assess, promote and document ideas for technical improvement and further program development options.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist.
- When required propose needs assessments activities and draft Scope of Work/Terms of Reference for assessment teams/consultants.
- Provide technical assistance to LFS team members and local partners involved in provision of food security and gender-related assistance.
- Lead/support identification and mapping of local governmental or non-government partners relevant to planning and implementation of food security and gender-related interventions.
- Promote new and innovative approaches and modalities for assisting IDPs and the conflict affected populations.
- Continuously assess market developments, i.e. needs and relevant actors’ activities, and provide up to date information and advice to programme staff.
- Regularly ensure adequate follow-up, monitoring and reporting of program activities through active coordination with monitoring and reporting team.
- Support coordination of food security/gender related interventions between NRC and other relevant stakeholders, in first place governmental institutions and humanitarian/aid agencies.
- Contribute towards the development of the NRC food security and livelihood strategies.
- Assess target groups’ food security and gender-related needs and analyze available and relevant external reports and studies focusing on food insecure and most vulnerable, prioritizing women, youth and other marginalized groups
Applicants must have:
- A degree in economics, social sciences or business studies.
- Experience from working within technical expertise area in a humanitarian/ recovery context.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Experience with cash based interventions preferred.
- Good understanding of SPHERE minimum standards and gender-balanced approaches.
- Capacity and aptitude to undertake food security-related research and collate information as required.
- Focused, output driven and able to meet deadlines on a regular basis. Personable, professional with high levels of probity and integrity.
- Strong teamwork and influencing skills, the ability to work with other departments to achieve objectives within tight timeframes.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.