Deadline: 19 December 2019
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Food Technologist in Dhaka, Bangladesh. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The Food Technologist will be responsible to collect, analyse and report on information as a basis for maximising the efficiency of food technology activities and enhancing food risk assessment and management in country operations.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Food Technologist will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Collate and analyse data and contribute to the preparation of reports relating to food quality and safety, to inform risk management and mitigation and contribute to a WFP wide view of food technology activities.
- Prepare evidenced based recommendations for senior staff on control measures to control and mitigate food commodity losses and food quality and safety incidents.
- Prepare evidenced based recommendations for senior staff on tools to enable rapid response to situations with food safety and quality concerns.
- Implement food safety management protocols and in collaboration with other units support investigation exercises to mitigate, document and enable lessons learned to prevent future incidents.
- Support project teams on food technology aspects of food assistance programs, ensuring compliance with WFP food and safety policy and guidelines.
- Contribute towards the development and/or implementation of protocols and tools relating to food technology, food safety and quality issues, ensuring alignment with WFP supply chain strategy, policies and plans.
- Establish and maintain collaboration with regional bureu and head quarter food safety and quality unit and act as a focal point from country office.
- Develop training tools on food technology issues, food quality control, loss prevention and mitigation, and provide training to WFP staff, local authorities, stakeholders and food processors.
- Identify and build productive relationships with supply chain colleagues and staff within the area of assignment to support an integrated approach to food and nutrition assistance.
- Work with supply chain staff to establish procedures, standards and systems that ensure safety and quality of food commodities throughout the supply chains from sourcing to distribution.
- Guide and supervise junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with more complex analysis and queries.
- Follow emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy food and needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Advanced university degree in Food Science, Food Technology, Food Control, Nutrition or other related field.
- At least 5 years of experiences with minimum 3 years of professional/managerial experience.
- Fluency in English and Bangla.
- Nationality of Bangladesh.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit WFP.