Deadline: 26 November 2019
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Food Technologist in Nairobi, Kenya. The duration of this post is 12 months.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Food Technologist will provide technical support to specific food processing initiatives, and are involved in day–to-day activities and analytical work.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Food Technologist will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Develop, implement and monitor procedures, standards and tools aimed at meeting WFP’s food quality goals, and mitigate risks associated with food quality and safety issues.
- Ensure that food commodities procured by WFP for the Kenya CO, GCMF and other WFO Operations in Kenya meets standards set by both WFP and Kenyan regulatory authorities for cargo to be in transit and to be distributed in Kenya Operations.
- WFP managed warehouses and third-party storage facilities to establish current status and work towards implementing best practices in food safety and quality.
- Capacity building of the milling facilities supported by WFP and any other suppliers to WFP in establishing a robust Food Safety and Quality Management System in meeting WFP objective of delivering safe, quality and nutritious foods to its beneficiaries.
- Facilitate linkages between relevant government agencies, private sector, and International agencies in the country that promote and build awareness on Food Safety and Quality.
- Support Country Office on the food technology aspects of food assistance programs, ensuring compliance with WFP food quality and safety regulations.
- Review program monitoring data and provide assistance to Country Office on routine data to inform and modify program design.
- Establish risk based control measures to combat and reduce food commodity losses and, food quality and safety incidents.
- Support the capacity building of national and county government agencies dealing with FSQ matters.
- Collate and analyze data that will contribute to the preparation of reports relating to food quality and safety, to inform risk management and mitigation plans.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- University degree in food science and technology or related disciplines.
- At least 7 year’s experience in food quality assurance in managerial/supervisory role, with progressively increasing responsibilities in the field of food fortification and food technology.
- Hands on experience in Quality and Food Safety Management systems implementation and systems audit.
- Experience in Laboratory operations including training on test methods, grain grading, Quality and Food Safety management systems, Food handling best practices.
- Strong analytical, networking, and coordination skills with excellent written and oral communication.
- Ability to negotiate with a variety of actors from the government, private sector and other international agencies.
- Experience in coaching and mentoring junior staff.
- Leadership, ability to work within and lead a team, strong drive for results, cultural sensitivity.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit WFP.