Deadline: 1 November 2018
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Health & Nutrition Specialist in Rabat, Morocco.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Health & Nutrition Specialist will perform following functions-
- Contribute to the preparation of the Situation Analysis by compiling, analyzing and evaluating information and providing the technical input and support to Health & Nutrition interventions and its periodic update.
- Participate with UNICEF, Government, non-government organizations (NGOs) and other partners in the development of strategies and approaches relating to Health & Nutrition.
- Ensure objectives and targets are timely achieved, through full coordination between activities, by providing guidance and support to staff of Health & Nutrition.
- Undertake field visits to monitor programmes, as well as participates in periodic programme reviews with government counterparts and other partners. Identifies necessary action for programme adjustments.
- Provide technical support to government and NGOs in the planning, development, implementation, and evaluation stages of the programmes/projects.
- Design and implement a staff training/development programme to upgrade the capacity of the Country Office staff with regard to competencies for technical requirements as well as for the programme development, implementation and management of Health & Nutrition programme.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree in Public Health and Nutrition, Child Development, Water Sanitation, Public Administration, Social Policy, Social Development, Community Development, or other relevant disciplines.
- 5 years of professional work experience at the national and international levels in planning, programming, implementation monitoring and evaluation of technical cooperation programmes related to Health and Nutrition.
- Professional work experience in a managerial position, or a technical expert position in child survival & development, health and nutrition care.
- Knowledge of Arabic is an asset.
- Fluency in English and French (written & verbal) are required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.