Deadline: 23 June 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Health Specialist in Lome, Togo.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Health Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Support to programme development and planning
- Participate in strategic programme discussions on the planning of health programmes.
- Formulate, design and prepare a sector of the health programme proposal, ensuring alignment with UNICEF’s Strategic Plan, the Country Programme, as well as coherence/integration with the UN Development Assistance Framework (UNDAF), regional strategies, and national priorities, plans and competencies.
- Establish specific programme goals, objectives, strategies, and implementation plans based on results-based planning terminology and methodology (RBM).
- Prepare required documentations for programme review and approval.
- Support and contribute to the preparation, design and updating of the situation analysis for the sector(s) to establish a strategic plan for development, design, and management of health related programmes.
- Keep abreast of development trends to enhance programme management, efficiency, and delivery.
- Work closely and collaboratively with colleagues and partners to discuss strategies and methodologies, and to determine national priorities and competencies to ensure the achievement of concrete and sustainable results.
- Programme management, monitoring and delivery of results
- Plan and/or collaborate with internal and external partners to establish monitoring benchmarks, performance indicators, and other UNICEF/UN system indicators and measurements to assess and strengthen performance accountability, coherence and delivery of concrete and sustainable results for strengthening community service delivery platforms, integrated multisectoral community based planning, delivery, monitoring and reporting mechanisms to support the community based RMNCH, HIV, WASH, C and CFC-RTM programmes
- Technical and operational support to programme implementation
- Provide technical guidance and operational support to government counterparts, NGO partners, UN system partners and other country office partners/donors on the interpretation, application and understanding of UNICEF policies, strategies, processes, and best practices and approaches on health-related issues to support programme development planning, management, implementation and delivery of results.
- Participate in discussions with national partners, clients and stakeholders to promote health and development issues, especially in the areas of maternal and neonatal health, and child survival and development specifically community health and Health system in support to community-based RMNCH, HIV, CFC-RTM, programs
- Draft policy papers, briefs and other strategic programme materials for management use, information and consideration.
- Participate in emergency preparedness initiatives for programme development, contingency planning and/or to respond to emergencies in country or where designated.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s or higher) in one of the following fields is required: public health/nutrition, pediatric health, family health, health research, global/international health, health policy and/or management, environmental health sciences, biostatistics, socio-medical, health education, epidemiology, or another relevant technical field.
- Minimum 5 year’s of professional experience in one or more of the following areas is required: public health/nutrition planning and management, maternal and neonatal health care, or health emergency/humanitarian preparedness.
- Experience working in a developing country is considered as an asset.
- Fluency in French and English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.