Deadline: 4 June 2020
SNV is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Inclusive Agribusiness Expert / Country Project Manager in Kampala, Uganda. The duration of this post is 2 years.
SNV’s mission is to make a lasting difference in the lives of millions of people living in poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Inclusive Agribusiness Expert / Country Project Manager will perform the following functions:
- Project set-up and design
- Initiate contract handover from the Business Development Team.
- Set up and communicates administrative, governance, accounting, HR, M&E structures and procedures for the project.
- Initiate implementation of the project plan upon approval of donor(s) and sector leader and/or country director, in accordance to the SNV project management procedures, relevant SNV structures and procedures, accounting principles, donor requirements and contracted commitments.
- Project Management
- Lead, manage and motivate the project team, partners and relevant stakeholders.
- Plan and assign deliverables and activities, reviews their progress and addresses deviations in terms of timelines and quality, based on project planning, deliverables agreed and budget set.
- Manage project closure and evaluation process including hand-over of complete and up-to-date project file to Sector Leader, Country Director and Business Development unit based on project management procedures.
- Project quality assurance
- Take responsibility for the (technical) content of a project, ensures quality of the deliverables and ensures sufficient technical input to meet the quality standards
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Relevant academic qualification: Agribusiness, Agricultural Economy or Business Administration.
- Minimum 10 year’s of experience of working with or in Agribusiness, preferably in the prioritised commodities (pulses, oilseed, potatoes and grains).
- Knowledge of the prioritized commodities preferably at global level and in Uganda.
- Experience in value chain development, climate smart agriculture, energy efficient solutions, and agribusiness finance, preferable experience with climate finance.
- Ability and demonstrated experience of designing and appraising inclusive business cases.
- Experience in female and youth entrepreneurship programs.
- Strong agribusiness relationship management experience and focus with the ability to stimulate trust and confidence with clients and investors including managing various stakeholders.
- Understanding of climate change risk management and inclusion of smallholder producers into the supply chain.
- Proven track record in project management, specifically in project planning, monitoring, evaluation, reporting and financial management for large scale comprehensive projects.
- International work experience and the ability to effectively coach and lead a team of advisors in a multi-cultural setting.
- Excellent communication (written and oral), reporting and presentation skills.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must apply by submitting a brief letter of motivation (1 page) and your CV (not more than 3 pages) through online process.
For more information, visit SNV.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.