Deadline: 20 July 2020
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of International Food Safety Specialist in Maputo, Mozambique. The duration of this post is 9 months.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The International Food Safety Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Design and disseminate of a set of targeted information campaign on food safety issues and impacts on health and nutrition for producers and consumers.
- Promote adoption of practical evidence based measures for prevention and control of mycotoxins in food at the household and community level.
- Include in FFS curriculum specific training on Good Agricultural Practises that mitigate against aflatoxin contamination.
- Develop key messages on food safety – tailor made for each type of target audience.
- Capacity building on specific food safety control measures along the targeted value chains.
- Any other tasks required to optimize the impact of the programme.
- Produce a comprehensive consultancy report for the assignment.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in Food safety, Food technology, food chemistry, food science or food processing and related subjects together with at least 5 year’s field experience on planning, implementation and monitoring of programmes related to improving food safety, health and hygiene practices.
- At least 12 year’s of experience in food quality assurance and management.
- Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of another FAO language (French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Russian) for Consultants.
- PSA.SBS working knowledge of English.
- Working knowledge of Portuguese would be an asset.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.