Deadline: 1 June 2020
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of International Programme Specialist in Erbil, Iraq. The duration of this post is 3 months.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The International Programme Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Assist the project manager of project OSRO/IRQ/902/EC with the implementation of the programme of work, in particular the organization of regular programme meetings with the project team and counterparts (GoI).
- Provide guidance on the implementation strategy and integration of the various project components, and contribute to lessons learned;
- Assist the project with guidance on data collection, analysis and reporting of information and provide editing and proofreading assistance to all publications.
- Assist with selection of service providers and implementing partners and draft agreements/ contracts.
- Participate in relevant coordination meetings with counterparts, including sector coordination meetings (Food Security Cluster).
- Provide content for FAO Iraq webpage in collaboration with HQ, and ensure that FAO Iraq activities are reflected on FAO’s emergency and corporate websites.
- Assist with preparation of annual project progress report (June 2020) as required by the donor and in line with the rules and regulations of FAO.
- Perform other duties as required.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in Agriculture Science, Social Sciences, Environment or related fields.
- 5 year’s of overall professional job experience and 3 year’s relevant to the functions or in related fields, in addition to practical work experience with the UN in conflict and crisis areas, preferably in Iraq.
- Working knowledge (level C) of the UN official language used for communication within the country (English, French or Spanish) and at least limited knowledge of Arabic (B level) for Consultants.
- Working knowledge of one language for PSA.SBS.
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in the field is desirable.
- Ability to work under pressure and to carry out several tasks in a timely fashion and under tight deadlines with minimum supervision.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.