Deadline: 1 June 2020
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of International Programme Specialist in Erbil, Iraq. The duration of this post is 3 months.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The International Programme Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Assist the project manager of project OSRO/IRQ/902/EC with the implementation of the programme of work, in particular the organization of regular programme meetings with the project team and counterparts (GoI).
- Provide guidance on the implementation strategy and integration of the various project components, and contribute to lessons learned;
- Assist the project with guidance on data collection, analysis and reporting of information and provide editing and proofreading assistance to all publications.
- Assist with selection of service providers and implementing partners and draft agreements/ contracts.
- Participate in relevant coordination meetings with counterparts, including sector coordination meetings (Food Security Cluster).
- Provide content for FAO Iraq webpage in collaboration with HQ, and ensure that FAO Iraq activities are reflected on FAO’s emergency and corporate websites.
- Assist with preparation of annual project progress report (June 2020) as required by the donor and in line with the rules and regulations of FAO.
- Perform other duties as required.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in Agriculture Science, Social Sciences, Environment or related fields.
- 5 year’s of overall professional job experience and 3 year’s relevant to the functions or in related fields, in addition to practical work experience with the UN in conflict and crisis areas, preferably in Iraq.
- Working knowledge (level C) of the UN official language used for communication within the country (English, French or Spanish) and at least limited knowledge of Arabic (B level) for Consultants.
- Working knowledge of one language for PSA.SBS.
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in the field is desirable.
- Ability to work under pressure and to carry out several tasks in a timely fashion and under tight deadlines with minimum supervision.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.