Deadline: 23 June 2020
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of International Programme Specialist in Kiev, Ukraine. The duration of this post is 6 months.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The International Programme Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Assist the Programme Coordinator with the implementation and maintenance of FAO portfolio in the country.
- Monitor the programme development and implementation, identify needs and initiate corrective measures.
- Assist with the organization of regular programme meetings and represent FAO in all relevant inter-agency coordination meetings (Food Security Cluster and UN Programme Management Team).
- Support the preparation of project reports, in compliance with donors and regional office needs.
- Initiate concept notes, background papers, inputs to publications or others.
- Ensure that effective monitoring and evaluation, AAP and gender protective policies are in place.
- Assist with selection of service providers and implementing partners, and drafts of letters of agreements.
- Provide editing and proofreading assistance to all project publications. Support data collection and analysis.
- Provide contents to FAO Ukraine webpages and other communication tools, contributing to the increase of FAO visibility.
- Initiate and coordinate outreach activities, training, workshops, seminars, etc.
- Lead and/or participate in monitoring field missions and needs assessments.
- Perform any other related duties.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in Agriculture Science, Social Sciences, Environment or related fields.
- At least 5 year’s of relevant professional experience and 3 year’s of field work experience with the UN, preferably in complex environments.
- Work experience in more than one location, particularly in field positions is desirable.
- Ability to work under pressure and to carry out several tasks in a timely fashion and under tight deadlines, with minimum supervision.
- Relevant experience and skills in programme, project formulation, analysis, planning and project implementation at country level.
- Working knowledge of English.
- Limited knowledge of one of the other FAO languages (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) preferably Russian.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.