Deadline: 30 September 2022
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Investment Support Officer in Harare, Zimbabwe. The duration of this post is 2 years.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Investment Support Officer will perform the following functions-
- Participates in, and eventually leads, multidisciplinary teams to assist governments in the identification and preparation of investment and finance support initiatives in the fields of food security, agriculture, rural development, natural resources management and agro-processing, and participates in pre-appraisal and appraisal missions.
- Participates in, and eventually leads, multidisciplinary teams for the implementation support and the preparation of final evaluation of investment and finance support solutions.
- Provides technical expertise for the preparation of food and agriculture, rural development, natural resources management and agro-processing studies and strategies, in the formulation of national sector and/or sub-sector investment policies, plans and programmes.
- Supports the development of inclusive and sustainable food systems involving producers, their organizations, other private sector actors, civil society organizations and governments.
- Formulates and delivers capacity development initiatives in the areas of food and agriculture, rural development, natural resources management and agro-processing investment support to government staff, non-state actors and private sector organizations.
- Prepares documents in accordance with the requirements of FAO, governments and financial partners.
- Provides support in task organization, selection of consultants, preparation of terms of reference and in ensuring the quality of outputs.
- Promotes international cooperation and collaboration leading to new investment opportunities and cooperative agreements, advocates best practices and effective policy dialogue, and provides technical expertise at international meetings.
- Establishes, promotes and maintains relationships with relevant Strategic Programmes, FAO Technical Units and Decentralized Offices in order to ensure best synergies between investment, policy and innovation work in support to Member countries.
- Participates in resource mobilization activities in accordance with the FAO Corporate Strategy.
- Provides guidance and advice to junior staff.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University degree in economics, agricultural economics, agricultural sciences, environmental sciences, agribusiness management, natural resources management, irrigation and drainage engineering, rural infrastructure engineering, social sciences or a related field.
- 7 year’s of relevant experience in conducting agricultural/rural sector/subsector analytical studies, and/or in planning, design, supervision of agricultural and rural investment operations, including elaboration of feasibility studies and implementation of agricultural and rural investment operations in developing countries and/or countries in transition.
- Working knowledge (proficient – level C) of English and limited knowledge (intermediate – level B) of another FAO official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.