Deadline: 26 July 2019
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Irrigation and Drainage Specialist in Washington, DC, United States. The duration of this post 3 years.
The Irrigation and Drainage Specialist will be responsible to work on operational and policy issues in the area of agricultural water management and water resources management.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Irrigation and Drainage Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Contribute to the identification, preparation, appraisal, and negotiations of water in agriculture related lending operations including oversight of technical feasibility and pre-feasibility studies.
- Contribute to the design of specific project components, defining project implementation arrangements, and providing inputs to project documentation and processing.
- Conduct specific technical tasks, as designated subject specialist in the field of irrigation and drainage and water resources management; and providing technical support to the task teams as needed.
- Contribute to implementation and supervision of water in agriculture related lending sector studies including review of contracts and bidding documents.
- Participate in project supervision, including day-to-day monitoring and follow-up, field supervision, review of technical /procurement documents and work programs, assessing progress with meeting key project outcomes and indicators and contributing to supervision documentation.
- Provide support to the definition, contracting, and supervision of the work of external consultants and technical specialists while ensuring consistency with bank guidelines and best practices.
- Participation in and supporting Technical Assistance activities for client countries and their organizations in the areas of irrigation and water resources management
- Participate in and support policy dialogue and advisory services and analytical and other knowledge activities in the water in agriculture sector, within the region and globally (through the Water in Agriculture Global Solutions Group).
Applicants must have:
- At least a master’s degree or engineering degree in a discipline relevant to Water in Agriculture/Irrigation and Drainage (or in Water Resources Management with demonstrable affinity with the WiA sector).
- Minimum 5 years relevant professional and operational experience.
- Proven ability to work flexibly on assignments and adjust to and prioritize a variety of complex and evolving tasks proactively seeking guidance on complex tasks or issues from senior specialists and staff.
- Strong interpersonal and team skills.
- Ability to think strategically and to develop effective relations with clients, beneficiaries, and within the world Bank.
- Excellent organizational, research, written, and oral presentation skills, preferably demonstrated in a track record of peer reviewed publications and delivery of presentations in relevant international forums.
- Proven ability to work in a team and intercultural environment with minimal supervision.
- Hands-on and action oriented and proactive approach.
- Computer skills should be adequate for the analytical and report writing demands of this position.
- Fluency in English.
- Knowledge of one or more of South/Eastern European and Central Asia languages is an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.