Deadline: 29 February 2020
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Livelihood Assistant in Kismayo, Somalia. The duration of this post is 6 months.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Livelihood Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Assist in Preparation of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Responsible for ensuring proper registration of all beneficiaries through the SCOPE System including biodata collection, uploading and top-up of the e-cards.
- In consultation with the Livelihoods Team and beneficiaries analyze training needs as they relate to the goals of the organization, beneficiaries and donors.
- Identify existing gaps in the community, suitable sustainable innovative projects for co-financing and assist with preparation of proposal and reports to donors.
- Supervise the day to day work of the training facilities / centers in the respective operational sites and provide support where necessary.
- Assist in compiling of all monitoring information on a regular basis and documentation of lessons learnt from field visits and project activities.
- Report regularly to Livelihood Team Leader on general progress in terms of livelihood aspects including learning, participation in project activities and other relevant matters.
- Organize and coordinate livelihood related stakeholders’ meetings / workshops / forums to enable the active, free and meaningful participation of project beneficiaries in the design and implementation of project activities within IDPs, returnees and host communities of Kismayo.
- Ensure and maintain mutual linkages with the government offices especially with any related line ministries to enhance their understanding the Project needs.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Minimum 1 year working experience in livelihoods, food security, agriculture, community development, and/or community mobilization.
- Diploma in Agriculture, Social Science, Natural Resource management, or any other related discipline.
- High degree of computer literacy.
- Possess Cash transfer programming skills.
- Experience in working with Non-Governmental organizations, UN agencies and local communities, local authorities and Local NGOs.
- Good command in English-spoken and written and ability to speak and write Somali Language.
- Good communication skills and ability to conduct training / facilitations skills.
- Computer skills, good organizational and people centered management skills.
- Willingness to travel to all project locations on regular basis within Kismayo.
- Ability to represent the organization in key meetings at the field level.
- Good conflict resolutions skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken Somali & English.
- Acquired the ability to provide translation and interpretation services as requested.
- Nationality of Somalia.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.