Deadline: 31 August 2019
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Livelihoods Assistant (Agriculture) in Sloviansk, Ukraine. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Livelihoods Assistant (Agriculture) is responsible to provide administrative or technical support within sector area, assist the sector officer in ensuring quality of the planning, implementation and follow up of sector activities.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Livelihoods Assistant (Agriculture) will perform the following functions:
- Identify agricultural value chains in the LAP targeted areas.
- Conduct in-depth assessments of the value chains identified, compose detailed reports on the assessments’ findings.
- Actively participate in the design of agriculture-related programme interventions.
- Participate in selection of programme beneficiaries for agriculture-related assistance.
- Support information dissemination and outreach activities to ensure active participation of the beneficiaries in the programme.
- Undertake monitoring of the funded agricultural initiatives, provide ongoing support to the programme beneficiaries.
- Prepare Grant Agreements between DRC and livelihoods programme beneficiaries; organize process of signing of the Grant Agreements, to ensure they are properly signed and stamped.
- Prepare payment documents under the signed Grant Agreements for the following procedure by DRC AFO.
- Organize the Grant Agreements’ and supporting documents’ storage and filing systems; communicate with programme beneficiaries on the supporting documentation related issues.
- Back-up other LAP Assistants when necessary.
- Cooperate with UN agencies, INGO’s and national NGO’s as needed.
- Liaise with local authorities as necessary.
- Maintain good working relations within DRC and other organizations in the area of responsibility.
- Understand, and ensure the observance of the DRC Code of Conduct.
- Perform other tasks as requested by DRC management.
- Administrative and technical support.
- Carry out basic tasks within sector area (e.g. data collection).
- Carry out administrative tasks.
- Follow given work plans and guidelines.
Applicants must have:
- Diploma or equivalent professional qualification in Agriculture or related areas.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience, presumably agriculture-related.
- Experience in administrative tasks.
- Excellent IT skills: confident PC user, MS Office pack.
- Experience with following standard procedures and guidelines.
- Advanced English proficiency would be considered an advantage.
- Fluency in local language: Ukrainian, Russian (equally important).
- Good knowledge of document management standards and regulations.
- Attention to details, orderliness.
- Good inter-personal and communication skills.
- Ability to organize prioritization and planning.
- Capacity to manage stress and flexibility for long working hours.
- Nationality of Ukraine.
How to Apply
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.