Deadline: 9 December 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Livelihoods & Food Security Coordinator in Kismayo, Somalia. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The Livelihoods & Food Security Coordinator will support the implementation of the LFS activities in Jubbaland, manage and build capacity of the project implementation teams to ensure activities are carried out on time and according to the budget; contribute inputs for concept papers, proposals for new projects / activities, and donor reports in coordination with the Area Manager and Livelihood and Food Security Specialist.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Livelihoods & Food Security Coordinator will perform the following functions-
- Line management of LFS project field staff.
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures.
- Contribute to LFS strategy development, project proposals and provide input on needs and gaps, including on protection risks and needs to the AM.
- Manage and implement delegated portfolio of LFS projects (activities, budget and project documentation) as delegated from AM in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements, and ensure high technical quality.
- Help in conducting needs assessment data collection, analysis and report generation on periodic basis.
- Provide regular progress reports and flag any challenges or implementation delays to the AM and CC Specialist.
- Oversees timely, efficient and quality implementation of LFS projects and activities in Jubbaland by ensuring that all document guiding implementation such as budgets, DIPs, cash forecasts are developed and/ or periodically updated and used correctly.
- Coordinates and shares information regularly with the BRCiS Consortium Management Unit, Country level resilience focal point, and other Consortium structures as applicable.
- Provides agricultural/ Natural Resource Management/ VSLA and Nutrition sensitive interventions technical backstopping and follow ups to all resilience and livelihoods and food security activities in Jubbaland.
- Review reports from field staff for quality and consistency before submission and further dissemination.
- Train Livelihoods & food security field staff, partners and relevant stakeholders on basic Livelihoods & food security concepts and tools.
- Responsible for compilation of budget forecasts, Bi-Weekly Reports and draft donor reports.
- Works with officers in planning community meetings for beneficiaries and stakeholders.
- Supervises field staff in order to aid efficient and effective service delivery to beneficiaries during project implementation.
- Participates in program staff performance management as may be required.
- Liaises with local leaders and authorities giving overview of project activities, seeking their support and participation where required.
- Keep track of project expenditures and flag any underspending/ overspending issues to the Area Manager.
- Oversee the beneficiary selection process, based on guidance and procedures set by the M&E Manager.
- Ensure that Baseline Surveys, Post distribution Monitoring(PDMs) and End-line surveys are carried out on time, including participating in data collection and data analysis as needed.
- Ensure that M&E plans are implemented on time, working closely with the M&E team in Jubaland.
Applicants must have:
- University degree in Agriculture, food security, natural resource management, Environmental Science/Forestry.
- Minimum 5 year’s relevant working experience, at least 2 years with a humanitarian program.
- Minimum 3 year’s experience in food security and livelihoods projects.
- Experience with drafting and managing budgets.
- Well versed in donor report writing.
- Knowledge of basic computer skills (MS Word, Excel and Power point).
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.