Deadline: 27 July 2020
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Monitoring and Evaluation Officer in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The duration of this post is 1 year.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will perform the following functions-
- Coordinate policy development, including the review and analysis of issues and trends, preparation of evaluations or other research activities and studies.
- Lead programme development (including identification of new projects/programmes in the Region) and project formulation processes in accordance with the relevant procedures and in conformity with relevant CPF, regional priorities and Strategic Framework.
- Lead mobilization of resources required for technical assistance projects.
- Ensure that the provision of scheduled inputs and technical backstopping, conducts consistent quality control and monitors timely execution, in line with project work plans.
- Prepare and finalize delivery estimates, pipeline reviews and project related reports (progress and terminal reports).
- Provide substantive backstopping to consultative and other meetings, conferences, etc., to include proposing agenda topics, identifying participants, preparation of documents and presentations.
- Lead and/or participate in large, complex field missions, including provision of guidance to external consultants, government officials and other parties and drafting mission summaries.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in Agricultural Economics, Economics, Social Sciences or related field.
- 7 year’s of relevant experience in agricultural development and/or project planning/formulation/ implementation.
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable.
- Extent and relevance of experience in programme/project development (including formulation and analysis) and management (implementation and monitoring).
- Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of another FAO official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.