Deadline: 18 May 2020
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of National MRV (Measurement, Verification, and Reporting) Specialist in Dhaka, Bangladesh. The duration of this post is 11 months.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The National MRV (Measurement, Verification, and Reporting) Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Conduct a review of the Bangladesh’s prior ‘National Communications’ and NDC related submissions, with a focus on National GHG (Greenhouse Gas) inventory and AFOLU (agriculture, forestry, and land use change), waste, IPPU (industrial processes and product use), and energy sectors.
- Liaison with institutions or independent experts who were involved in the National Communications drafting / finalization process.
- Draft a summary or synthesis of lessons learnt, perceived gaps, and recommendations towards a robust and comprehensive GHG inventory for Bangladesh.
- Liaise with stakeholders, including development partners, universities, and research institutions to understand mechanisms or experiences with data sharing for compiling activities and emissions factors for GHG inventories in Bangladesh.
- Work with the Legal and Policy Expert to assemble and review existing letters or MOUs (memorandums of understanding) pertaining to the same, and draft new MOU templates (where needed).
- Develop relationship and coordinate with development partners, such as UNDP, to ensure alignment with NAP (National Adaptation Plan) and BUR (Biennial Update Report) processes.
- Review IPCC / UNFCCC recommendations and international best practices related to GHG inventory meta-data to develop a meta-data standard for Bangladesh, ensuring alignment with concurrent projects (such as NAP or BUR).
- Conduct a review of existing emissions accounting / GHG inventory (activities, emissions factors, literature) in Bangladesh, and map key stakeholders and their roles. Compile the available data as an input to the web platform.
- Work closely with DOE and the Database Management Consultant to determine the features required, sources of data, ‘best practice’ mechanisms to ensure regular update, and hosting arrangements for a new or updated web platform for national GHG inventory.
- Ensure that appropriate inputs are received from the Legal Expert on data sharing / archiving, and associated legal and regulatory frameworks.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in Climate or Environmental Sciences, Forestry, Agriculture, Soil Sciences, or other related discipline.
- Minimum 5 year’s of demonstrated experience in GHG baseline, GHG activity and emissions accounting and MRV system, carbon budget etc. for AFLOU, Waste, Energy or IPPU sectors.
- Experience with UNFCCC and/or National Communication (NC)/Biennial Update Reports (BUR) preparation.
- Good working knowledge of EX-ACT carbon balance tool and GHG inventory software.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, and tight deadlines.
- Familiarity of working with the UN or development sector actors.
- Proven experience of working with government officials in Bangladesh.
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills.
- Nationality of Bangladesh.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.