Deadline: 4 August 2020
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of National Policy Specialist (FIRST Programme) in Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The National Policy Specialist (FIRST Programme) will perform the following functions-
- Establish strong working relationship with MoALI’s Department of Planning (DoP), Agriculture (DoA), Livestock and Veterinary Breeding Services (LBVD), Fisheries (DoF), Agricultural Land Administration and Statistics (DALMS), Rural Development (DRD), the Agriculture Development Strategy Implementation Support Unit (ADSISU), the Ministry of Health and Sports National Nutrition Center (NCC), Ministry of Planning Finance and Industry (MOPFI), and the National Land Use Council (NLUC) including its working committees.
- Establish working relationship with EU delegation in Myanmar and the FAO country team in Myanmar, partners working on land, nutrition, agriculture, Humanitarian-Development-Peace Nexus issues, governance and institutional reform. Engage in multi-sectoral/stakeholder coordination fora including the Agriculture Rural Development Sector Coordination Group (ARDSCG), Scaling Up Nutrition (SUN), and National Land Use Council (NLUC).
- Establish strong working relationship with Civil Society Organizations working on agriculture, nutrition, land and decentralization. Engage them in diagnostic work and capacity strengthening exercises.
- Support MoALI’s work on sub-national planning for the ADS and MS-NPAN including methodology development, consultation and facilitation, and documentation of processes. Take the lead on sub-national planning field work in targeted states and regions.
- Support the FIRST facility on governance analysis, conflict-sensitive analysis, and the decentralization agenda.
- Undertake a diagnostic of MS-NPAN/ADS interface implementation in selected State/Regions and township level.
- Engage with parliamentary commissions on land, sustainable agriculture (diversification and nutrition sensitive agriculture), and nutrition.
- Establish a working relationship with LIFT for FIRST to support the delivery of a series of parliamentary policy dialogues.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in agriculture, institutional development, political and social science, economics, land management, food security and nutrition or other related field.
- At least 7 year’s of experience in working on policy issues.
- At least 7 year’s of practical experience in agriculture, land or nutrition-sensitive programme development and management.
- Nationality of Myanmar.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.