Deadline: 14 July 2020
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of National Professional Officer (Nutrition) in Mogadishu, Somalia. The duration of this post is 1 year.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The National Professional Officer (Nutrition) will perform the following functions:
- Contribute to the implementation of national nutrition programmes, which will ensure the development of nutrition programme profiles in the country, benchmark targets and priorities, selection of nutrition interventions, formulation of programme objectives, and development of long- and short-term action plans.
- Conduct the review and analysis of collected data for reporting and feedback mechanisms for partners and other reporting sites.
- Conduct nutrition activities in terms of data analysis and collection from the nutrition stabilization center.
- Propose technical input on the implementation of nutrition surveillance project operational and action plan, including management of administrative and financial requirements, identification and rectification of gaps in nutrition programme implementation with an emphasis on malnutrition and famine relief.
- Support the planning of WHO emergency and humanitarian nutrition activities in emergency and crisis preparedness, response and recovery at country level.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- First Level University Degree in medicine with specialization in Nutrition or closely related field.
- Advanced Degree in medicine or Public Health with specialization in Nutrition, Nutrition, or closely related field.
- Advanced training in facility-based management of severe malnutrition, nutrition surveillance and communications.
- At least 2 year’s of relevant experience in the field of nutrition and food security.
- Experience or sound knowledge of WHO mandate and goals in humanitarian health crisis, or experience in UN organizations/agencies, international institutions or NGOs.
- Sound skills and technical knowledge in nutrition issues; knowledge of the operations of the national governments in the area of nutrition and health.
- Good knowledge of nutrition activities particularly in management of acute malnutrition, growth monitoring and nutrition surveillance system.
- Good skills in planning nutrition activities and programmes.
- Ability to interact with health and nutrition professionals at various levels.
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Expert knowledge of Local language.
- Intermediate knowledge of another WHO language.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.