Deadline: 11 January 2022
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of National Programme Development Specialist in Thimphu, Bhutan. The duration of this post is 11 months.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The National Programme Development Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Provide support in liaising with government and other offices in collecting and collating relevant information for program/ project development.
- Reach out to potential development partners and donors to assess their current and future priorities, investment areas and opportunities.
- Assist in liaising between the CO, the RGoB and development partners on areas of strategic interest to FAO’s work in Bhutan.
- Develop stakeholder engagement plan for FAO CO.
- Match programmatic priorities of government, potential donors, and CO’s Country Programming Framework (CPF).
- Lead in mapping of thematic areas and donors supporting the country.
- Develop project ideas, concept notes, project documents, etc. following the corporate project cycle, and for liaising with potential donors and seeking their support.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in agricultural economics, economics, and related fields, advanced Degree would be an asset.
- Minimum 5 year’s demonstrated experience in program development, project management/implementation, resource mobilization, socio-economic analysis/research, government/donor liaison, with extensive leadership skills in working with diverse groups of people.
- Experience in working with government institutions as well as civil society/private sector.
- Good command of English in speaking and writing, and fully conversant in local language.
- Nationality of Bhutan.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.