Deadline: 7 April 2020
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of National Project Coordinator in Lilongwe, Malawi. The duration of this post is 12 months.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The National Project Coordinator will perform the following functions-
- Plan, manage and implement the assigned programme of work of the project, in close collaboration with the National Project Coordinator, and national stakeholders and partners, and the project implementation unit (AGDR), in accordance with the global project’s logical framework, and ensuring its alignment with the global project.
- Provide support, information and assistance to the National Project Coordinator, for effective implementation of the project, including liaison with the European Union Delegation in Malawi.
- Coordinate, contribute and support the facilitation of capacity development activities and provide technical support during implementation in close collaboration with consultants and services providers.
- Lead the organization (technical, logistical, administrative, etc.) of all project events in accordance with FAO’s rules and procedures, and contribute to facilitate events in close collaboration the National Project Coordinator and the project implementation unit (AGDR) in Rome, and project staff at national level (e.g. consultants).
- Draft terms of reference and concept notes for recruitment of consultants, preparation of letters of agreement, and outgoing correspondences.
- Contribute to the identification and selection of capacity development experts and services providers; and provide technical support, monitor and supervise their work to ensure effective implementation of activities and timely delivery and reporting on results.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced Degree (at least MSc) in agriculture, agricultural education, agricultural extension, rural development studies, agricultural economics or other relevant discipline.
- Innovation system studies would be an asset.
- At least 5 year’s of proven experience in project implementation and management.
- Experience in working with Government or UN agencies in administration or protocol.
- Capacity in effective relationship and partnership building.
- Capacity in communication and team building.
- Familiarity and good knowledge of agricultural innovation system concept and approach, agricultural innovation system actors and issues in Malawi.
- Excellent team-working, planning, facilitation and communication skills.
- Experience working with FAO is an asset.
- Working knowledge of English.
- Nationality of Malawi.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.